Telehealth has made it possible to offer pet parents and patients high quality virtual care, while saving time and monetizing communication for the vet team. Studies in human neurology have shown that 98% of patients using telehealth for neurological conditions were just as satisfied with remote care as they were with in-person care. Moreover, 95% who began receiving remote follow-up care wanted to continue it. With Anipanion’s telehealth platform, you can offer a telehealth service for your neurologic patients whether you are a board-certified veterinary neurologist or a general practitioner with an interest in this field.
Improve client satisfaction and retention as well as offer better accessibility for your clientele by offering a virtual option. With Anipanion’s chat and real-time video features, you can visualize your patients and have more personalized interactions with your clients in the comfort of their own home. This minimizes stress for your patients while freeing up exam rooms and phone lines. Here are ways to use telehealth for neuro cases.
Many neuro cases present as emergencies. The ability to triage the patient virtually can save precious time for the pet parent and veterinarian.
- Can the pet walk or use its back legs?
- How many seizures has the pet had within the last 24 hours?
- Can the pet eat and drink?
Give new clients the option of a personalized meet and greet prior to the appointment so they know what to expect and establish a VCPR. This will make the in person appointment more efficient and ease some of the client’s anxieties. Schedule a real-time video session to discuss
- Curbside protocol if applicable
- Explain what will happen at the appointment
- Labwork, imaging
- Provide documents that need signatures
- Collect deposit if appropriate
Monitoring of neuro patients is critical in their recovery. The ability to frequently check in with the pet parent and patient remotely will lead to better medical outcomes. Check in daily or multiple times in a day if appropriate.
- Is the patient eating and drinking?
- Is the pet able to urinate and defecate?
- Can he or she walk unassisted?
- Any new or worsening symptoms?
- Taking medications well?
Labwork and Imaging Results Discussion
Neuro diagnostics can be complex and detailed. Scheduling a virtual Anipanion session to discuss results with a pet parent is a great way to build stronger client relationships and monetize what usually is a lengthy discussion.
- Discuss and interpret the results
- Show images or lab work results
- Describe next steps for the patient
- Develop a treatment plan
The post-op phase for neuro patients is critical. Correct at-home care and client compliance is vital to healing and essential for a positive medical outcome. Checking in with pet parents and patients post surgically will allow you to monitor the patient more frequently and answer client questions.
- Send pictures and updates from the hospital once the procedure has been completed.
- Send discharge instructions.
- Use the realtime feature to discuss recovery and at home care.
- Check In 24 hours hours after the patient has been discharged.
- Continue to check in with the pet parent at an appropriate cadence to monitor the patient’s recovery.
- Schedule in hospital recheck exams, suture removal, and diagnostics.
The addition of a telehealth service to your practice will better serve your clientele, pet parents, and staff. With Anipanion, you will be able to improve the quality of patient care, increase client satisfaction, as well as streamline and monetize communication.
Need some extra support? We're here for you and can't wait to help!
📞/💬 : Phone: (858) 208-0018
📩 : Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
👩💻 : Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm PST