Chronic care management is a daily occurrence in veterinary medicine. These special needs patients need routine veterinary care and monitoring. However, the longer the patient has the medical issue, often the less compliant pet parents are with rechecks.
Anipanion’s Telehealth platform can make chronic medical care for our patients and clients easier, more accessible, and stress free. Telehealth in human chronic disease has proven that access to virtual care improves patient quality of life, reduces acute care and ER visits, and improves overall patient survival.
Additionally virtual vet visits allow the pet to stay home in a stress free, comfortable environment and save time for the client and veterinary staff.
Let Anipanion provide these benefits for your patients while monetizing your communication!
Benefits of Telehealth in Chronic Care
- Improvement in quality of life
- Fewer acute care and ER visits
- Improvement in overall patient survival
- Less stress for the pet and pet parent
- Saves time for clients and vet staff
- Increased revenue for your practice
Veterinary Technicians and Virtual Chronic Care
Chronic care remote visits through Anipanion can be performed by veterinarians as well as vet techs. Our veterinary nurses can use scheduled, real-time sessions to communicate with the pet parent and visualize the patient to collect valuable information. This information can then be relayed to the doctor to determine next steps in the patient’s treatment plan.
The veterinary technician can discuss with the pet parent the following:
1. Patient History
2. Basic health questions
- Is the pet taking medications well
- Confirm medication name and dosing with pet parent
- Are refills needed
- Are the pet’s symptoms improved, the same, or have they worsened
- Have any new symptoms developed
- Gather pet parent concerns or questions
3. Visual Assessment
- The client can show the pet in the real-time video session or send videos and pictures of the following:
- Mucous membrane color
- Any areas of concern
- General disposition of the patient
- Movement of the patient (lameness)
- Patient breathing
- The pet parent can provide respiratory and heart rates
- Tell the client where to look to count respirations and where to feel for pulses
- Tell the client when to start and stop counting
- Breathing can also be calculated by the technician from a video
- Technicians can request a temperature to be taken of the patient if the client and patient are willing
4. Wearable Monitoring
- Results from wearable devices can be uploaded
- Heart monitors
- FreeStyle Libre glucose device
5. Forward Scheduling
- Veterinary nurses can schedule in-hospital services during the video session
- Lab work
- Vaccines or injectable medications
- Nail Trims
- Fluid therapy
- Rehab or acupuncture
- Future telehealth sessions
Chronic Medical Conditions
There are many chronic conditions that can benefit from Anipanion telehealth check-ins. Frequently communicating with clients and monitoring patient symptoms will elevate your quality of care, increase client trust, and lead to a better long-term medical outcome.
- Cardiac Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Urinary Disease
- Liver Disease
- Intervertebral Disc Disease
- Thyroid Disease
- Medical Disease that requires palliative care
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Chronic care involves lengthy client discussions and frequent patient rechecks. Integrate Anipanion’s telehealth platform into your treatment plans to offer your clients virtual access while monetizing your communication. The increased accessibility to vet care will lead to a more satisfied clientele and happier, healthier patients.
Need some extra support? We're here for you and can't wait to help!
📞/💬 : Phone: ( 858) 208-0018
📩 : Email: email@example.com
👩💻 : Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm PST